Reports to: Operation Manager
Job Type: Support
Location: Austin, TX
The Events Intern assists the Event Coordinator in the development and execution of successful conferences and due diligence events for the firm and prepares reports and any other duties deemed necessary by Operations Manager and / or other executives.
Currently enrolled in school, working to obtain a degree in Event Management, Hospitality, or Meeting and Event Planning.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Event Coordinator to manage and coordinate due diligence events of firm to include lead up, day of and follow up
- Help Event Coordinator handle and manage logistics of all attendees leading up to and the day of planned events
- Liaise between Event Coordinator and the sales team to invite attendee prospects and take past the point
- Help Event Coordinator maintain parameters set for attendees set by management
- Assist Event Coordinator quarterback all deliverables needed to execute on events
- Help Event Coordinator to adhere to budget approved by management
- Assist in managing revenue budget following conferences
- Liaise between Event Coordinator and vendors
- Help Event Coordinator to coordinate all deliverables leading up to and following conferences to maximize conference potential; call campaigns, organized dine-arounds, marketing blasts, booth exposure and marketing materials
- Assist Event Coordinator in managing conference and due diligence event calendar to ensure there is proper coverage and that attendees have proper notification and are confirmed for attendance
- Be back office support for the Event Coordinator in the office during due diligence events
- Help Event Coordinator to ensure External Sales team follows up with due diligence and conference attendees with assigned sales team in copy
Other Skills and Abilities
Position requires demonstrated applied skills in, but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Survey Monkey, AmTrav, CVENT, ability to multi-task and perform under strict deadlines.